Thursday, October 8, 2009

Skateboarding is NOT a Crime!


So there I am, on my way to school, just like any other day. I ride my skateboard over to the quiet house so that I'll go to school with my friend Gina Geest. I live up on the point in Laie which is basically the only hill in the town. I've ridden my skateboard down this hill countless times before and I would say that it's ridden by numerous others several times everyday. But something must have been different about this time. So I'm riding down the hill and there's a cop parked on the side of the road. He yells at me and tells me to get off my board. So I do, and he calls me over to go and talk to him. He asks for my i.d. and asks me if I have $97. I tell him that I don't and he says, "well you better find it." He goes on to tell me that a skateboard has no place on the road as he's writing me a ticket. I can't really afford any additional costs right now so I asked him if he could just let him off with a warning. Before I was done with my sentence he cuts me off and goes on more to rebuke me for my "inappropriate" actions. He comes back with the ticket, tells me to sign, and now informs me that riding my skateboard on the road is not a $97 fine but rather an $130 infraction. Where he came up with that number I don't know. I took the ticket and started walking away and he added, "if you don't pay for it you'll have a warrant out for your arrest." WOW, me, Bo Christian, menance to society.

This didn't come at the best time. I just almost depleted my bank account to pay off my credit card to pay for school. Rents due in about a week and that's gonna put me down really low. Looks like mac 'n cheese and top ramen are back on the menu.

But don't worry. I'm not taking this one without fighting it. I'll write my letter, I'll show up to court with a suit and tie, I'm not just going to turn my cheek and wait for another. Since when is skateboarding a crime. Maybe it's the red hair, those racists.
I am Bo

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Bo you are such a criminal. I would try to fight it. The worst they can do is say no and make you pay it. But if there are no signs that say No Skateboarding, how is anyone supposed to know that it is illegal.

    P.S. Are you a ghost? Your arm is transparent in the picture on the top of your blog. I can see a house through your forearm. WEIRD

    AWKWARD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever Ninja Tab will come out of retirement! Defintely fight it Bo, they usually atleast reduce the amount for you showing up. Explain you were on the road as you thought you were not supposed to be on the sidewalk. You weren't doing anything but being "green" UGH! Keep us posted. Love Ya

    ReplyDelete