Saturday, October 24, 2009

My Chiny Chin Chin!

I've had the conversation before stating my desire to have a gnarly scar with an even gnarlier story behind it. Like a huge scar on your side that came from a propeller blade in a plane accident. Or a bear slash scar on your chest, but if you have that one it needs to come with a single bear claw necklace that came from the bear fight that you were in. Then you could say something like, "you think this looks bad you should have seen the bear." I don't have one of these scars, yet. But I guess this is the next best thing that will hold me off for a while.

So this semester I haven't had much time to go to the beach. I've spent the majority of my non-work/non-class time in the library. So one saturday I finally got an opportunity to go to Waimea Bay, one of my favorite beaches. Right when we parked I had Porter put some sun block on me so that by the time we got to our spot on the beach the sun block would have already soaked in and I could go straight to playing. So we get, I throw down my towel and go for the water. One of my friends Tara was standing only in the shallow part because the waves were kinda big and she didn't want to get worked. So what do I do? I pick her up of course. I pick her up in my arms and start running for the water. As I jumped in the water we also got hit by a wave at the same time throwing us back. In the process I smacked my chin on her hip, 6'3", 130 lbs, yeah, those are some sharp hips. I didn't think much of it. I was just excited to be in the water finally. I look up out of the water and see Tara getting worked by another wave, it was a pretty funny sight. After my adrenaline wore off a bit I brought my hand up to check my chin only to see my hand with a small pool of blood. Yup I split my open on a girls hip....


I'm actually pretty stoked, I mean its no plane crash or bear fight but its alot better then having a scar from just tripping on a curb and splitting my chin open on the side walk. Come on, how lame would that be. How many times can I say it without it sounding cool? "I split my chin open on a girls hip." I love it.


So I cruise over to Kahuku hospital and get 4 stitches. While I was there I made 3 receptionists, 2 nurses, 1 cleaning lady, and 1 doctor laugh at my situation. But its alright because we're laughing together.

I am Bo

2 comments:

  1. I wanted to see a picture of the stitches too. That is a truly funny story. You are just to much BoBo ... only that would happen to you!

    ReplyDelete