Thursday, September 10, 2009

One Man : Two Jobs - Difference of Night and Day

I've been working at Turtle Bay Resort Golf Club for about 6 months now. I work in Outside Guest Services which basically entails getting golf clubs out of guests cars, setting them up on their cart, sending them out on the course at the right time, washing their clubs when they're done, and putting them back in their car. It pays $8 an hour but the tips are good. We're supposed to be clean cut and look professional.

Looking good on the golf course.
For a little more than a month now I've been working construction for an Australian contractor named Rob Fletcher (Rob Fletcha if said in an australian accent). Some of the jobs we've done so far have been demolishing a house, laying 800 square feet of tile, digging footings, and now building a house.
I come home from Turtle Bay and I can go straight to school or anywhere else for that matter because I'm still clean. Construction on the other hand, I can't go anywhere. I can't even get into my car to drive home without having to take off my pants, shirt, and shoes because I would stain the driver's seat.




This picture of my dirty face was even taken after I sprayed myself directly in the face with the hose. I even had to wash my face one more time after I got out of the shower. Cement dust is stubborn.


Looking at my socks you would think that I didn't wear shoes, but yes I did.

3 comments:

  1. Bo that is an awesome tan line....I mean dirt line. You and Cael should hang out more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture of your dirty face. If you put it on Mitchs' blog you wouldn't be able to tell you guys apart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so funny, I can't remember you even as a little boy likin to play in the dirt. Workin two jobs, you are one in a million!

    ReplyDelete