Thursday, September 17, 2009

ALOHA Porter Bowman!!!


The last time that I saw Porter was probably when I was 16 and we had the family reunion at Vashon Island. So that means if I was 16 he was 9 years old. This summer we had our latest Bowman family reunion, I'm now 25 and he's now 18, a little bit better relatable ages.
We got along well and thought about the idea of him coming out to Hawaii to live for a while and getting out of Kanab, Utah. His parents were excited about the idea and now he's been here for a few weeks now. I'm stoked to have him here. Everything has worked out perfectly. My landlord was willing to let him stay and our rent got lowered because of it. I got him a job the first week he was here working construction for Oceana Builders.
He's pretty shy and quiet but we'll get him out of his shell. It was funny today I taught him how to write a check. I was cracking up but I'm sure I was the same way when I was 18, it just seems like so long ago.

5 comments:

  1. Bo! I am so glad to see you bloggin' so we can keep in touch. How fun to have Porter there! We have to come visit so you can get me conditioned for wrestling! Ninja Tab had to tap and we can't have that! LOL! It was so good to see you this summer. You look so handsome in your golf garb! Love Ya! Tab

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS, you have to check Drew out doi' his smooth riminal dance on my blog! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is pretty cool that Porter has moved in with you. Are you guys having any more rock paper scissors push up challenges? I heard that he kicked your trash in it. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to see a picture of him in Hawaii! Now just work on getting him so friends and getting him out of his shell a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bet the bachelor pad is fun, oh to be a fly on the wall! Glad Porter is there!

    ReplyDelete