Monday, January 31, 2011

We fell in love....23 times over.

After spending Christmas day with the kids from the orphanage, all Drake and I wanted to do now was spend as much time with them as possible. They do have school and homework during the week so we weren't able to stay the whole time with them. But we were able to spend a few days with them and stay a couple nights at the orphanage.
These kids are so much fun, but before I go any further, I need to make some introductions...

Wilson

Lily

Mercy

Robin

Florence

Jessica

Rachel

Reena

Michael

Rosie

Rita

Cindy

Mark

Dimni

Melody

Irene

Robert

Mary

Joyce

Ester

Felix

Henry

Philip
It truly was an awesome experience spending time with these sweet, fun, happy, loving, serving, playful, athletic, competitive kids. I wish I could take them all home with me. We played several games including Enemy at the Gates (arguably their favorite), Red Rover, Hang Man's Challenge (one of the funniest things I've ever seen), Human Battleship, Stick Pull, Dead Weight (basically every kid with all their strength carrying dead weight Drake to his room), and the Name Game. I've played a lot of games with a lot of different types of people, but I'd have to say that these were some of the most fun times I've had.
So in our very short time that we were blessed with to spend with these kids mine and Drake's hearts melted for these kids. They have been blessed and are in a good place considering the losses they've suffered losing their families. But they each have 22 brothers and sisters that love them and will do anything for them. They also have their Uncle Drake and Uncle Bo that fell in love with them right from the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment